Double edged lightsabers

tagarack

Reaction score
It's interesting that Darth Maul had a double edge lightsaber, which never seemed to make another appearance in the other films. You'd think they would have been all the rage for the evil ones. Or was it because Darth Maul died with it, that it lost favor in the Empire. Although now that I think about it, Vader probably wouldn't have been as agile as Maul was and that is pretty required for such a lightsaber.

gwendl

Reaction score
Maybe they learned their lesson from Darth Maul. It doesn't work too well.

archeon

Reaction score
Well George probably didn't think of dual light sabers back when he did Star Wars and the other two. If a dual blade worked in real life you'd see fencing competitions with them. I think they'd be very hard to control.

KaliaOfOnderon

Reaction score
Yeah, you'd think it would be more trouble than it was worth. After episode I, however, double-bladed lightsabers started showing up in the expanded universe.

Last edited:

Darth Slim

Reaction score
I think from what I remember from expanded universe fiction is that the use of a twin bladed lightsaber required a more defensive form of fighting, rather than using an attacking form which would be more appealing for the likes of Darth Vader who would gain more power from attacking with anger

rabscuttle1

Reaction score
The twin bladed lightsaber is more of a Sith weapon, though some Jedi do use them. Only the most skilled lightsaber masters can wield them because it takes such focus and strength. Anakin was never as good as he thought he was, and after geting chopped up he was too clunky to wield one.

Kathrine552

Reaction score
unfortunately no not as a Jedi Knight, a branch allows them to wield 2 lightsabers separately, however the Jedi Consular can in one of its branchs if you would like to play as one.

darrel15

Reaction score
I will be coming back soon thanks for the great article.

Quasar45

Reaction score
you have got. Not to mention, we are at all times satisfied concerning the mind-blowing inspiring ideas served by you.

Dori

Reaction score
The twin bladed lightsaber is more of a Sith weapon, though some Jedi do use them. Only the most skilled lightsaber masters can wield them because it takes such focus and strength. Anakin was never as good as he thought he was, and after geting chopped up he was too clunky to wield one.
This was why it was only Darth Maul who was actually able to wield the twin bladed lightsaber and he did with it. I really would have liked to see Luke Skywalker use such a powerful weapon.

Naiwen

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think they're quite cool personally.

Mimi

Reaction score
I think they're quite cool personally.

Yeah, they are very good and very efficient as well as effective in battles. It gives a better chance to attack and inflict serious damages to your opponents.

Naiwen

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, they are very good and very efficient as well as effective in battles. It gives a better chance to attack and inflict serious damages to your opponents.
I have loved Darth Maul's battles.

Bumble

Reaction score
I think The Third Sister makes use of one lightsaber like that and there's a way they use it to be rotating round and cut everything in its way.

Naiwen

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've thought that the duel between Qui-Gan and Maul to be cool.

Home Register