I've never got into the books...

tagarack

Reaction score
Where would be the most logical place to start in the book series? To go by publishing date or is it like the movies where maybe six years in is a better starting spot? I really would like to get more insight into the extended canon.

KaliaOfOnderon

Reaction score
Personally, I never think it's better to start partway through something. I find it gets confusing, jumping back and forth through time, and you get a lot of spoilers that way. Also, these books are constantly referring to and building on previous events. I'd definitely start at the beginning (If you haven't already started reading, that is. I notice you posted your question quite a while ago).

Dori

Reaction score
If you don't want to be left out about any details in the books series, you would have to start from the very first and read it all through. It's like trying to jump a class and miss all the courses it brings with it. The story development would be butchered for you to understand.

Igba

Reaction score
I'm not much of a book reader either and it's why I have never bothered about reading any of the Star Wars books. I have tried it once or twice but it was never working for me, it's why I had to stick with the movies.

Home Register