Han Solo killed off?

tagarack

Reaction score
If Harrison Ford had it his way, his character would have been killed off at the end of the first trilogy. He now says that he's always found the character a bit boring and thought it might add some zip to the proceedings. George wouldn't go for it though, because Han Solo merchandise was a big thing at the time and being dead would definitely hurt sales. You don't see people buying too many charred Uncle Owen.

It's interesting though how the cast sees the series years later.

KaliaOfOnderon

Reaction score
This post is over three years old, but I just saw it, and I can't resist a reply anyway. I happen to think Han is a really great character, and I'm very glad they didn't kill him off. Besides, Leia has to end up with him, because if he died, there would be nobody who could stand her (no offense to Leia fans. She's better than many, many female fictional characters to come out of the seventies, eighties, and nineties).

Igba

Reaction score
It would have been a very big mistake for them should they have killed off the character of Han Solo.

He's contribution to the franchise can't be overlooked too quickly. He played a very big role in the life of Leia.

Home Register