I am your father

tagarack

Reaction score
As we all know, Darth tells Luke that he is his father. Before the new trilogy, this was a huge revelation. I remember thinking, "Wow, didn't see that coming." And now, I wonder as a new generation watches the movies in the "correct" order, how this is ruined for them. They will certainly know from the story of Anakin how he is Luke's dad, so it won't be any shock. Do you think this will ruin future viewers from this great moment?

gwendl

Reaction score
Yeah, it's going to suck. I tell my friends to watch them in the original order. Otherwise a lot of things will be meh.

archeon

Reaction score
I agree with gwendl. You have to watch them with four being the first one. It's more exciting that way for the whole series.

KaliaOfOnderon

Reaction score
The problem is, of course, that it will be hard for people to avoid spoilers, no matter what order they watch the films in. The saga is just too big a part of pop culture.

Mimi

Reaction score
Yeah, it's going to suck. I tell my friends to watch them in the original order. Otherwise a lot of things will be meh.
I always have the habit of following any movie that I'm interested in watching in their chronological order. I wouldn't like to miss a thing or jump into any stage lacking information I would have gotten from the old one's.

Naiwen

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's my personal favourite quote from Star Wars.

Home Register