Jar Jar Binks

tagarack

Reaction score
Am I the only one who didn't hate Jar Jar? I thought he added some fun comic relief to the film, like when he used his tongue to grab the fruit and Qui Gon told him to stop it by grabbing it. Every good hero movie usually has a sidekick that is a bit slapstick and this one is no exception. I know he was a little too goofy at times, but at least he wasn't boring like young Anakin.

archeon

Reaction score
You didn't hate Jar Jar? Really? He wasn't comic relief, he was just stupid. I know he was thrown in for the kids, but still. The film would have been better without him.

vaderisloveable

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I think that God (George Lucas) was high when he made Jar Jar Binks. Yes, he was made for the kids, but really George, the voice was a little bit extreme.

rabscuttle1

Reaction score
I agree. Jar Jar himself was ok, but that voice and the way he spoke - good lord! He's one of the few things I didn't care for in ep1. And as for comic relief, we have R2D2 and C3PO.

TythonCat

Reaction score
Why did George have to disney-fy the series? Why? Kids love star wars as it was!

Sara

Reaction score
I liked him. I liked how wacky and crazy he is even though he wasn't funny. He wasn't my favourite character but I don't have any issue with his role in the movie.

Naiwen

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think he’s pretty hilarious myself. I love him!

Henrywrites

Reaction score
You didn't hate Jar Jar? Really? He wasn't comic relief, he was just stupid. I know he was thrown in for the kids, but still. The film would have been better without him.

The film would have been great without him, but he did his bits. I didn't hate his role in the movie that much. Let's say I am one of his fans.

Home Register