Parody Reviews Already Out for Phantom Menace 3D

Star-Wars-Episode-I-La-Menace-Fantôme-3D-Affiche-France.jpg

When Disney released Lion King in 3D, people heralded it as one of the greatest acts of movie magic in a long while, but for George Lucas and company redoing Phantom Menace in 3D, not so much. The fan base has really been down on this from the start. Perhaps it is because the movie that tells the tale of the very young Anakin Skywalker is not that well liked amongst them. And thus, they have decided to revolt by making their voices heard on YouTube, such as the video below.

Now there are those that may say that some of the criticism comes across as a bit harsh. After all, James Cameron is re-releasing Titanic in 3D? What’s the difference? Well the difference is that Lucas has been milking the same six films over and over, tweaking them as he goes along with elements that people just don’t like. He doesn’t just add in or enhance the video from format to format, but puts in things like “Nooooooooooooooooo!” to try to make them different enough for people to purchase again. When people say that they are not fans of the new elements, they are told that it is his film and he has the right to make whatever changes he sees fit, so too bad. That attitude is certain to stir up the emotions of the fans that have spent so much money and given Lucas the lifestyle he enjoys.

Lucas said that he is using the Phantom Menace as a gauge to see if it’s worth redoing the other movies in 3D. But is this really a good test? I guess he figures that if millions flock to see arguably the worst movie of the series that they’ll definitely go see the others. I guess if you look at it from that perspective, perhaps it’s not so bad after all.

The sad part is that in the end, it probably will make a ton of money. Even those that protest and make fun of it will certainly be in line to see the disaster unfold before their eyes and all of the venom and parody associated with the film will only serve to make it more powerful than Lucas can ever imagine.

Phantom Menace 3D appears in theaters this weekend…'

Home Register