Robbers Dressed as Star Wars Characters

562697_031815-wpvi-man-dressed-darth-vader-robs-bank-video.jpg

During the closing of a cricket club in the UK, two men intending to rob the place thought they could remain anonymous by donning Darth Maul masks. The ploy seems to have worked because all that they had for the police as a description was their height and estimates of their weight. The pair arrived at closing time and when confronted by two male employees, they attacked the club’s workers with metal bars. Both men defending the club suffered injuries to their arm and face with severe bruising, but there was nothing life threatening. The guys are still at large.

This isn’t the first time a Sith Lord has resorted to robbery to fund his evil empire. Back in June 2010, a man dressed in a full Darth Vader getup including mask and cape, went into a Long Island, NY bank and robbed it at gunpoint. At one time, he struggled with a customer who thought it was a joke at first because of the camouflage pants the bandit was wearing with the disguise. Once the customers and employees knew it was for real, Darth robbed the bank and got away with the loot. As far as I know, they still haven't caught him.

I guess the costumes make it hard to be recognized on surveillance footage, despite that footage being all over the internet, but crime doesn't pay and eventually we suspect these people will be found.

But if you see a person in a Star Wars outfit entering a regular place like a bank or store with no reason, I'd be wary.

Home Register