Some More Crazy Star Wars Stuff

a97612_Darth-Vader-Monster-Mash-Ups-Bobblehead_8498-l.jpg

There is no end to the amount of Star Wars merchandise that makes you go hmmmm. And then we wonder why we didn’t think of it? Here is another five items that seemed particularly strange to us, but maybe useful.

Jazwares starts us off with an item they haven’t yet released, but will probably be coming out very soon. It is a replica of Darth Vader’s head as a CD player and MP3 Device Speaker System. While they call it a boombox, it really isn’t persay, at least not in the true traditional sense, but his noggin will rock out the tunes for you as it’s compatible with most music players, as well as being able to play a CD right inside the helmet. And to make it a bit more creepy, the eyes glow red when the music is playing. Expect to pay $69.99 for this unique gift.

R2D2 has been turned into many things from a belt buckle to an ice chest to even a bathing suit, but now he has two new identities. One is a tissue holder where you can pull tissues from the top of his head to fight off the worst enemy boogers. And the other is a plush toy. Now I know he’s supposed to be cute and all, but really? A plush toy? I just can imagine a kid hugging R2D2 at night. But who knows? Get yours today at Amazon for $13.30.

[video=youtube;bDzhRfDy3Xo]

The Death Star Planetarium is also one that is not going to be out for a bit, but can be preordered. When I was a kid, I had a similar globe that had little holes that when the light turned on would put the stars in their constellations up on the ceiling and the walls. I used to take it to school for show and tell, but I got to admit, this is much cooler. It has two different things to it. One is that it will project the planets of the Star Wars galaxy and when you put on the supplied cover, it actually shows the Earth’s night sky like the old globe used to, all of course, in a Death Star Sphere.

Remember when Luke was in Dagobah training to be a Jedi Knight and he had to carry Yoda on his back? Well you can too with the Yoda Plush Backpack from ThinkGeeks. It has a pouch that is over 13 inches for all your lightsabers or star charts to fit and works for both kids and adults alike. And I have to say from the picture, I think he looks just like Shrek without the horns, although maybe Shrek after he looks like he’d had a lot of coffee. You can buy your own at <a href=http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/bags/817c/>ThinkGeek</a> for $39.99.

And finally, if you want to change that channel, do it like a Jedi. Apparently the Lightsaber Remotes are only available used from different sites and are not made anymore. They feature sound effects when you hit various keys, come with programmable codes for cable, TV and VCRs, and pushing any key emits the light from the saber. It uses 4 AA batteries. This would make a cool gift for a Star Wars fan if you can find one.

Home Register