Star Wars: The Old Republic Class Storylines

Which Star Wars The Old Republic Class has the best storyline?

• Jedi Knight

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jedi Consular

• Trooper

• Smuggler

• Sith Warrior

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Sith Inquisitor

• Bounty Hunter

• Imperial Agent

• Total voters

JediMan

Reaction score
Which class in Star Wars: The Old Republic has the best storyline?

KaliaOfOnderon

Reaction score
My opinion of Jedi Knight, Smuggler, and Bounty Hunter

Well, I see I'm a year-and-a-half late in responding to this thread, and it looks like the person who started it probably won't be coming back to this site, since this is their one and only post. However, for the benefit of anyone who may read this thread in the future:
I have only finished the storyline for three of the eight classes: Jedi Knight, Smuggler, and Bounty Hunter. Of those three, I liked the Jedi Knight story best.
To me it seemed like the things that happened in the Smugger story didn't have a very big impact on SW history. It just didn't seem very important compared to some of the other things that happen in SWTOR, and the story was kind of disjointed and episodic.
As for the Bounty Hunter, like the Smuggler, the story seems to be made of events that are relatively unimportant until the very end. It's kind of hard to describe my problems with it without giving spoilers, but it wasn't my favorite.
I liked the Jedi Knight story because it felt like you were doing important things that mattered on a galactic scale, and there were some pretty cool plot twists.
I hope to complete the story lines for each of the eight classes, so I may have some more info later.

Last edited:

KaliaOfOnderon

Reaction score
And Sith Inquisitor

I've now finished the Sith Inquisitor story line. Like the Bounty Hunter and Smuggler, the things that take place in the Sith Inquisitor story line seem to be relatively unimportant on a galactic scale until the very, very end. I hope it's not to big of a spoiler if I say that ancient Sith rituals play a part in the story, and I've discovered that they're not my cup of tea. It is also NOT a the best class if you want to play a light side character. I'm speaking strictly in terms of role playing. There are plenty of opportunities for light side points; it's very possible to get to maximum light side level. It's just that, even though you are never forced to do or say anything that will give you dark side points, sometimes you have to do something of questionable morality in order to progress your story, and there are a few times when you aren't given the option to say anything that I would consider very 'good guy-ish'. This is also true of the Bounty Hunter, but even more so for the Inquisitor. (I'm sure you're terribly surprised to hear that. A Sith character whose story and dialogue are written in a way that makes it hard to behave as a realistic good guy? Shocking.)
However, now that I've said all of this, I want to say that I found the story interesting enough, and each part flowed smoothly into the next, making a nicely cohesive whole. Also, there are lots of opportunities for your character to say very funny things. By the way, the Smuggler also has plenty of chances to be funny.
Four story lines down, four to go.

Last edited:

Naiwen

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can't wait to play it myself, haven't yet.

Shiek

Reaction score
It's definitely going to be Sith Warrior that's got the best storyline in the whole Star Wars The Old Republic Class. It's the ultimate dark side power fantasy which never disappointed in any way. There's a lot of twist and turn in it with some hilarious dialogue.

Home Register