The 40 Most Memorable Lines in Star Wars A New Hope

Best-Star-Wars-Quotes.jpg

Here is a list of 40 most memorable lines from the first film in the original trilogy. We never realized how many great lines Carrie Fisher had as Princess Leia.

40. Where did you dig up that old fossil? – Han asking about Obi-Wan
39. They’re coming in too fast! – Luke talking about the tie fighters attacking the Millenium Falcon.
38. And I am C-3PO, human-cyborg relations. And this is my counterpart R2D2. – C3PO introduces himself and his partner
37. This is some rescue. You came in here, didn't you have a plan for getting out?
36. I am not a committee! – Leia to Han during the argument on the Millenium Falcon
35. Traveling through hyperspace isn’t like dusting crops, boy! – Han Solo to Luke
34. Put that away. You’re going to get us all killed – Leia to Han in garbage compactor
33. Garbage chute. Really wonderful idea. What an incredible smell you've discovered! Let's get out of here! Get away from there... – Han, after falling in the slimy filth.
32. One thing's for sure, we're all gonna be a lot thinner. – Han as the garbage compactor starts closing in
31. Evacuate? In our moment of triumph? I think you overestimate their chances. – Governor Tarkin about the Death Star’s vulnerabilities
30. I don't know what you're talking about. I am a member of the Imperial Senate on a diplomatic mission to Alderaan... – Leia to Vader during her initial interrogation
29. You can't win, Darth. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine. – Obi-Wan before he gives into Vader
28. Darth Vader. Only you could be so bold – Leia upon discovering Darth Vader on her ship.
27. I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win. – C3PO to R2D2 after Chewbacca complains about losing
26. Who's the more foolish: The fool, or the fool who follows him? – Obi-Wan
25. Wonderful girl. Either I’m going to kill her or I’m beginning to like her. – Han in reference to Leia
24. Great, kid. Don't get cocky. – Han Solo to Luke after he blasted an enemy fighter
23. I sense something; a presence I've not felt since... – Darth Vader upon feeling Obi-Wan’s closeness
22. Mos Eisley spaceport: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious. – Obi-Wan, warning Luke
21. Someone has to save our skins. Into the garbage chute, fly boy!
20. Aren’t you a little short to be a storm trooper? – Leia
19. Marching into the detention level is not what I had in mind – Han Solo to Luke
18. I hate space travel! – C3PO
17. No, I don’t think he likes you at all [beep]. No, I don’t like you either. – C3PO to R2D2
16. Boring conversation anyway. – Han, blasting the communication panel.
15. Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you? – Han Solo while trying to explain the noises.
14. I have you now! – Darth Vader upon locking onto Luke’s x-wing.
13. Governor Tarkin. I should have expected to find you holding Vader’s leash. - Leia
12. I find your lack of faith disturbing. – Darth Vader while choking Motti
11. You came in that? You are braver than I thought – Leia to Han
10. Will somewhat get this walking carpet out of my way? – Leia talking about Chewbacca
9. These aren’t the droids we’re looking for. – Stormtrooper in Tatooine checking for C3PO and R2D2
8. That’s no moon. That’s a space station – Obi-Wan to Han and company as they approach the Death Star
7. I’d rather kiss a wookie! – Leia to Han, who replies. “I can arrange that.”
6. We were made to suffer. It’s our lot in life. – C3PO
5. I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened. – Obi-Wan when Aldaraan is destroyed.
4. I have a very bad feeling about this. – Luke, as they approached the Death Star. Later this line was repeated often
3. The force will be with you, always. – Obi-Wan to Luke
2. Use the Force Luke – Obi-Wan in Luke’s mind while headed for the exhaust port.
1. Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi; you’re my only hope. - Leia

Got more or a different order? Let us know…

Home Register