In 1986, Disney was very interested in a ride where they could use a military simulator, often used for pilot training, to create an attraction in which visitors would literally ride through scenes from a film. Initially, the movie was to be Black Hole and it would follow the journey of the Cygnus through the vortex. While it sounded exciting on paper, the cost and the fact that the film had limited popularity made it very impractical. But Imagineering didn’t forget about the idea.
Here is a list of things that probably would have helped if Han, Luke, and Leia and the company had followed these simple common sense things.
1. Don’t go down a chute that smells like garbage.
2. Don’t try to shoot Darth Vader. It only makes him mad.
3. Before jumping into light speed, make sure you have fixed it.
4. Never passionately kiss your sister.
5. Don’t use galactic credits at Watto’s shop. He only takes Visa and Mastercard.
6. Never battle your opponent on...