Padme and Anakin

KaliaOfOnderon

Reaction score
So, fairly early on in the movie, Padme says that they can't have a relationship, and Anakin reluctantly agrees. When they think they're about to about to die, she confesses that she returns his feelings, so they get married when they end up surviving. My question is this: how did it change anything when Pame admitted that she loved him? The reasons they originally decided not to have a relationship hadn't changed.

KaliaOfOnderon

Reaction score
And, of course, nobody wants to touch this topic. *Sighs* This is what I get for being a girl in a fan community that's mostly made up of guys.

KaliaOfOnderon

Reaction score
Just looked at my last post and realized that it didn't sound like I meant it to. I was just trying to be silly.
Anyway, the whole relationship thing was not Lucas' best writing; I totally understand why nobody has anything to say about it.

Last edited:

Wilford77

Reaction score
Well the issue is one thing that not enough persons are speaking intelligently about. I am very completely satisfied that.

Naiwen

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I love the couple personally.

Mimi

Reaction score
Just looked at my last post and realized that it didn't sound like I meant it to. I was just trying to be silly.
Anyway, the whole relationship thing was not Lucas' best writing; I totally understand why nobody has anything to say about it.
Both of them were deliberately delusional about their feelings and it's why they treated it the way they did.

They probably felt that since they were going to die, they don't have to hide it anymore. Funny enough, such thing happens even in real life.

Naiwen

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Both of them were deliberately delusional about their feelings and it's why they treated it the way they did.

They probably felt that since they were going to die, they don't have to hide it anymore. Funny enough, such thing happens even in real life.
They have of course, rushed it way too much and it's been forbidden for the both of them to be together. And moreover Anakin being a Jedi, is supposed to remain chaste.

Asaba

Reaction score
They have of course, rushed it way too much and it's been forbidden for the both of them to be together. And moreover Anakin being a Jedi, is supposed to remain chaste.
Exactly!!

Anakin knew from onset as a Jeji, he was meant to remain chaste but he let his own lust and feelings got the better of him. It's what messed up his character for my liking.

Shiek

Reaction score
Even though Anakin Skywalker was a great Jedi, I loved him more as the Sith Lord Darth Vader. His love for Padme was very strong you can feel their connection with the Force.

Naiwen

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Even though Anakin Skywalker was a great Jedi, I loved him more as the Sith Lord Darth Vader. His love for Padme was very strong you can feel their connection with the Force.
Me too personally.

Home Register