Seth Green Sees Star Wars Sitcom in 2013

1509470106_31 - Star Wars Rebels 02-horz.jpg

Going to be a sitcom, there is. Funny, it will be. Sorry, I was suddenly possessed by Yoda. But there is a situation comedy being mapped out by Seth Green with the endorsement of the man himself, George Lucas, or at least his licensing department. And the target date is in the next two years, give or take a year or so. Green wouldn’t be more specific.

If you haven’t heard the name Seth Green, he is quite the accomplished actor doing stints in movies like Scooby Doo and playing Oz in the ever popular Buffy the Vampire Slayer TV series, but he’s probably best known these days for two things. One is that he is the voice of Chris Griffin in Fox’s irreverent comedy Family Guy and he is the co-creator of Cartoon Network’s Robot Chicken. Interestingly, both series have done spoofs of the Star Wars saga that were really hilarious.

While Family Guy is more of Seth McFarlane’s thing, although I can’t see Green not having some input there, Robot Chicken is more his creation and he’s used the 15 minute action figure sketch comedy show to reveal his love for Star Wars. So much so that he’s even got Lucas himself to comment on how funny he finds their look at his world. Thus, he has given his blessing for them to continue doing so and create a comedy based on the films. I just hope they don’t call it Leave it to Luke or Vader Knows Best.

[video=youtube;3F1d3QWsyk0]

If you haven’t seen Robot Chicken, you are really missing out. I’ve included the video above where they surmise what the Emperor’s reaction was when Darth Vader called him to tell him that the Death Star had been destroyed. It was this clip that actually got me watching the show, even though it’s not all about Star Wars, but a whole range of topics, such as what would happen if Calvin (from Calvin and Hobbs) was real and how the boy would probably be committed. And oddly enough they use action figures and dolls to portray a wide range of characters, getting a crazy amount of guest voices to join in on the fun. I’m probably not describing it was well I should, but if you check out the samplings on YouTube and catch the show on Cartoon Network, I’m sure you’ll get a kick out of it too.

So seeing a sitcom from these guys based on our favorite characters is bound to be a winner…

Home Register